Dr Matthew Wilkinson
Specialising in sports injury management and arthroplasty of the upper and lower limb Mater at the Medical Centre, Townsville.
- My particular areas of interest in orthopaedics include:
- Joint preservation procedures
- Joint replacement surgery
- Orthopaedic research
- I also treat trauma and conditions of the hand and elbow.
- Qualifications: MBBS Bachelor of Medicine (University of Queensland 1999) | FRACS (Ortho) Fellowship Royal Australian College of Surgeons 2009
- Fellowships and Academic Awards: Lower limb arthroplasty and sports injuries of the hip and knee, London UK, Mr Fares Haddad | Reconstructive arthroplasty, University of British Columbia, Vancouver Canada, Dr Jordan Leith | Dr Magdalene Brodie Memorial Award, University of Queensland, 1999 | Trevor-Taylor Research Award, Royal Darwin Hospital, 2003 | Meritorious presentation, Surgical Research Society Australasia, Melbourne, 2004
- Memberships: Australian Medical Association | Royal Australasian College of Surgeons | Australian Orthopaedic Association | Queensland Shoulder Society | Australian Orthopaedic Trauma Society | Orthopaedic Outreach | Australian Salaried Medical Officers Federation Queensland
- Current Hospital Appointments: Senior Medical Officer, Department of Orthopaedics, Townsville Hospital | Visiting Medical Officer, Mater Hospital, Townsville | Visiting Medical Officer, Townsville Day Surgery, Townsville